Tuesday, August 18, 2009

FINALLY! Another post!

Hi guys!

Well I finally got around to putting up another post! We've had an eventful weekend. We went down to the beach and got some pictures done of our family this past Saturday. I'd been wanting to do that for ages, and it worked out perfectly because Jacob will be one year old next month. Which is very hard to believe! But I was able to capture him in his "infancy" before toddler-hood strikes. Although he's not looking very 'infant-y' lately! Abi was in a bad mood during the shoot so we're crossing our fingers and hoping we got some good shots of her. The photographer we had was amazing, so we're sure she got some good stuff. Hopefully she will post some 'sneak peaks' of her photo shoot later today and when she does I will post those on the blog. (For all 2 of you who read this...HA!). After we had the photo shoot we just hung out at the beach, did some shopping and had some icecream before driving back home. All in all, it was a really successful day.

On Sunday we went to church where I was put in charge of 19 3-4 year olds with only one other person to help me. And that was my first real day of teaching. WOW that was hard. Note to self: wear sneakers to church when taking care of kids. My feet felt like they were going to fall off. Straight after church we went to a friend's house for her one year old's birthday party. It was nice to just sit down and get a break after that frazzled morning.
Well that pretty much sums up my weekend. Now onto more pressing news regarding my health-
This morning I have a neurologist appt. Right now it's 6.11 am (yeah I can't sleep) and the appt. is at 8:30 am. I will update later after it is over. I am scared although I'm not really sure why. It's not like I'm going to be getting results on any test today or anything. But my stomach is in knots. I have never liked doctors- and when I go to a doctor, I am always paranoid that they will find something wrong with me. Well guess what? They might actually find something wrong with me this time. And that makes me NERVOUS! I'll just be glad when it's over. I'm worried that I won't like this doctor- that she won't be very friendly or that she'll jump to conclusions and scare me. Obviously I'm still worried about my eyes too- that even if they don't find anything with the tests, this eye thing will progressively get worse until I'm blind. Actually, that makes me paranoid. I probably shouldn't even think like that but I can't help where my mind goes.
I've noticed that the tingling in my feet (and just tingling in general) has decreased recently but yet the weird things in my eyes have increased. So I'm thinking that whatever this is seems to jump from one group of nerves to another. (And yes, one of the cranial nerves does effect your visual field).
Anyhow, please pray for me- that God will give me peace today, that God will give the doctor WISDOM, that she'll be kind and understanding, that maybe- just maybe- this can be explained by a simple bloodtest and treated quickly, with no other tests needed. To me that sounds like a loooong shot- but with God, nothing is impossible so please pray for that anyway.
Thanks guys and I'll keep you updated

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment